Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wordless Wednesdays - I'm a Warrior!!!!!

We had another jam packed action weekend!! On Saturday morning, I volunteered at an Applebee's for a pancake breakfast to raise money for Make a Wish. Dylan came to eat breakfast with my parents and had a great time. After volunteering, we headed over to the Sayers' house for some quality time with Matt, Kristen and Baby Grant. Grant is over 2 months old already and I can't believe how big he is getting! He is so cute and has changed so much already! It's hard for me to even remember D being that small!!



Matt decided that D was the perfect excuse for afternoon ice cream :) Here Kris is helping him get sprinkles!



And now for the subject line...this past weekend two of my coworkers and I (along with 15,000 of our closest friends) decided to participate in the action/adventure race called the Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com). The race was held on both Saturday and Sunday and consisted of a 5K with 12 obstacles along the way. The obstacles ranged from cargo nets to jumping over fire and the final favorite, the mud pit. We had a BLAST doing the race although the 100+ degree temperatures were not ideal (somebody needs to tell the people at the Warrior Dash that scheduling a race the last weekend in July in Kansas is not a good idea!). My friends and I dressed in coordinating outfits (there were some great costumes out there) and we had a GREAT time at the race. I'd recommend it to anybody out there who is interested in a fun race :)

This is probably more pics than you care to see (especially since D isn't in any of them...he stayed home b/c it was WAY too hot for him to be there), but we had such a blast I thought I would share!



wearing our "free" viking helmets before the race...we ditched them before we ran!

(tracy, bobbie, vicki)


















yes the fire was real...and hot...and scared me a bit :)



we didn't get any action shots in the mud pit...well because the camera was covered in mud. but here's what we looked like afterwards!!



Check out the guy in blue standing above everybody...he had a huge hose and was rinsing everybody off after the race. Needless to say, it took a few showers and lots of scrubbing to get completely clean!



Enjoying a well deserved beer after the race :)

2 comments:

  1. Baby Grant is adorable!

    I'm glad none of you keeled over from the heat during the warrior dash. Great pictures.

    Namma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be up for the warrior dash next year...or maybe not! Nice job on finishing!

    ReplyDelete