Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wordless Wednesdays - Busy Busy Busy!!!

D and I continue to be busy, busy, busy! I've always been that way...apparently it's the only way I know how to be!

Last Thursday, we met the Morris and Stump families and Lars and Josh at a Funky Mama concert. For you locals with kiddos, Funky Mama puts on great concerts (often free) and the kiddos all love her. It was great fun watching the kiddos dance around and sing the songs they knew (we've been to quite a few concerts!).

Singing the song where you stick out your tongue :)


During a break, Kylie and D played in the fountains...Lars decided to encourage by giving D a "shower". He was completely soaked by the end!

One of my fave pics of Kylie dancing!

This past weekend, D and I headed to Chicago for some fun with friends and family. Nicki's b-day is this coming Saturday, so we went to celebrate a week early. As always, Toni, Karl, Nicki and Chris were great hosts and we had a blast!! In fact, D has been asking about going back to Grandma's house every day. Lucky for him, we are heading back in a few weeks for the annual memorial baseball game for Zach.

D was an angel, as usual, on the plane :)

Park fun!!

Pancake time! And Nicki's very impressive Mickey Mouse pancake!

Erin came to play and couldn't resist throwing D up in the air!

On Saturday night, we went to the White Sox game with a bunch of Nicki's friends for a birthday celebration. Unfortunately, it rained and rained and rained, but we still had a great time! And for those of you who are wondering, I am sporting a Southpaw shirt not a White Sox shirt!!

Erin brought boat you can see D remembered how much he loved it from the lake!!

We still had a great time, even in the rain!!

I had been pumping D up for meeting Southpaw for a few weeks...unfortunately; with the rain delay it was well past his bedtime by the time we got to see Southpaw. D was pretty tired and was actually terrified of Southpaw...I felt so badly, he was visibly shaking. However, amazing little guy that he is, he still managed to "smile" for the picture!

D went home with Grandma, while I stayed at the game. After the game we had a b-day party for Nicki at her apartment. We had a great time and the girls dominated the guys in flippy cup! The next morning, we went over to check out Toni and Karl's new place. It is absolutely great!! Brad, Heather and Conall came over as well, and it was great getting to spend some quality time with all of them! Conall is getting so big and has so much personality! And of course, he is as cute as ever!!

We continued the birthday celebration for Nicki on Sunday. Back in February, D and I decided that his b-day present "thing" was to get balloons (he bought 3 for Ella for her 3rd b-day and 1 for Maggie's 1st). Nicki told me she expected 29 balloons this year...well with the help of Grandma Toni, D and I got her the 29 balloons. I think she was very surprised and D and I were thrilled!!

That's a lot of balloons!!

Conall is SO cute!!

Because of the timing, D didn't take a nap on Sunday. He was still a bit worn out from being up late at the baseball game the night before. I was a bit worried that he might be more difficult on the plane because he was so tired. Luckily (and I know I shouldn't be surprised), he was a doll! He actually fell asleep on me before take off and I had to wake him after landing. We had a great trip to Chicago and are super excited we have so many planned for this fall!! This week we head to Iowa for the State Fair :)


  1. Great Pictures.. great post - Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

  2. What a doll! You are lucky to have such a wonderful travel companion! :)