Thursday, April 8, 2010

Soooo Big!!!!!

I know I owe a follow up post from our stay in the hospital as well as additional birthday celebration pics, but work has been CRAZY!! Guess that's what happens when you take a bunch of time off right at the end of a quarter. So, I promise those things are coming...but wanted to write a quick update first.

Dylan continues to get much better every day. (I'm kind of comparing what he must be feeling to what I was like after my c-section. I was significantly better after a week, but still got pretty sore and had a decent amount of pain when I did certain movements.) D has started being mobile again (crawling and even taking a few steps today) and has been much closer to his normal smiley self. I even had him laughing last night which was so nice to hear! He does seem to be worse at night and has taken to waking up a few times a night, upset. He has also figured out that I come much more quickly if he screams versus just crying which is a very jolting way to get woken up! I'm hoping that after a few more days, he is able to sleep through the night...but for the time being, I'm able to commiserate with Andrea much better on her sleepless nights with Maggie.

We took Dylan to the doctor today for his 1 year appt. He is doing great. Weighed in at 19 pounds 14 ounces (still 10th percentile) and is 29 1/2 inches long (still 50th percentile). He continues to be "smarter" than average with a head size in the 75th percentile (could he be more like his daddy?). The doctor was super impressed with his stomach and how great it looked and he's right on track (if not advanced) in terms of milestones. The doctor told me that although the number of words he says might not increase that much in the next few months, what he understands will explode. I've definitely already noticed that lately in terms of how much he gets what I'm saying to him. He did have to get 2 shots which really upset him. In the past, he has gotten over shots very quickly. But I think after the hospital stay and lots of poking with needles to try to start IVs, he's a bit gun shy. He freaked out when he got the shots and it took me a while to calm him down. After I got him dressed again and he realized we were leaving, he got significantly better.

There's that smile I know and love: fun in the bathtub with my new belly and my new froggie toys (from my Easter basket from Grandma Toni!)


  1. We like the smiles. He looks very happy.

  2. So great to see him smiling again!

  3. Bobbie,
    It was so great to see you and Dylan. He is absolutely amazing (of course so are you!!)
    Thank you so much for coming in,
    Love to both of you,