Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wordless Wednesdays - So Big!!!

Dylan amazes me every day at how big and old he is becoming!! It's hard to even put into words, but anybody who spends time with him can see it. He is having complete conversations, understands everything (which makes it even more frustrating when he ignores me!) and wants to do everything by himself. He continues to be such a joy to be around!!! I'm loving this stage, but have pangs every once in a while for the baby stage we have left!

Here are a couple of his new "big boy" things:

On Friday, I got off work early and Dylan and I went to WalMart to buy him big boy underwear. He has been sitting on the potty fairly consistently (I would say about 50% of the time). He's also waking up from naps and nighttime with dry diapers some of the time. He was VERY excited about his underwear and my mom put him in them Saturday morning (I was at corporate challenge tug of war). By the time I got home, he was in his 3rd pair due to accidents...we went to the library and as I was about to take him to the bathroom he had another accident on my lap. Not sure he's quite ready, and I'm definitely not ready to do a full on boot camp training. But I would guess we'll be trained within the next few months.



D is officially too big for a pack-n-play. We are going to California this weekend and are taking an air mattress so we practiced having him sleep on one this weekend at my parents house. He did a great job and looked so cute!!


On Sunday, we went to my parent's neighborhood pool. The place was pretty much empty and we had a GREAT time!! D was SO adventurous!! He could swim by kicking his legs and holding on to the noodle without much assistance. There are two diving boards (a low one and a high one) and after watching me jump off of them, of course my little daredevil wanted to jump off them as well. I told him he was too little for the diving board, but he could jump off the side. After we both got comfortable with that (okay, so mostly it was me that needed to get comfortable), I let him climb up on the racing platform and jump off of those. He was in HEAVEN!! He loved jumping into the water and preferred it when I let him go all the way underwater on the jump. We had so much fun and it makes me so happy how much he likes the water!!












On Sunday evening, we went to my friend Felicia's parent's house to help celebrate Felicia's birthday. They live right off a golf course, so after dinner we had a fun time looking for lost golf balls. D loved finding them.



Ready for cake!!




Helping Felicia open presents!



Just a cute random picture from last night! D continues to love all things sports/balls related. And he's sporting his new adorable puma outfit from Grandma!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. He is a little daredevil!

    He is growing up before our eyes.

    Love,
    Namma

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite the little daredevil!

    Cant wait to see you guys next weekend!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I'm a bit behind. Great post as always! :)

    ReplyDelete